6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

SAMPLES OF SENTENCES THAT ATTRIBUTE PLACE AND FROM TO ALLAH (in the Bible)


SAMPLES OF SENTENCES THAT ATTRIBUTE PLACE
AND FORM TO ALLAH
(in the Bible)





·      The Lord came down to see the city [1]
“The Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which mortals had built.”[2]

·       Lord says “I have lived in a tent and a tabernacle – I would reside in thick darkness”
“But that same night the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying: Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the Lord: You shall not build me a house to live in. For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought out Israel to this very day, but I have lived in a tent and a tabernacle. … did I ever speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people, saying, Why have you not built me a house of cedar?”[3] … “Then Solomon said, ‘The Lord has said that he would reside in thick darkness.”[4]

·      Mouth, Ear, Nose, Breath
“In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears. Then the earth reeled and rocked; the foundations of the heavens trembled and quaked, because he was angry. Smoke went up from his nostrils, and devouring fire from his mouth; glowing coals flamed forth from him.”[5] … “Then the channels of the sea were seen … O Lord, at the blast of the breath of your nostrils.”[6]  … “By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast.”[7] 

·      Under his feet there was something like a pavement stone.
“...and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness…”[8] … “How the Lord in his anger has humiliated daughter Zion[9]! He has thrown down from heaven to earth the splendour of Israel; he has not remembered his footstool[10] on the day of his anger.”[11] 

·      The helmet, sceptre, wash-basin and shoe of God 
God has promised in his sanctuary: ‘With exultation I will divide up Shechem, and portion out the Vale of Succoth. Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim is my helmet; Judah is my sceptre. Moab is my wash-basin[12]; on Edom I hurl my shoe; over Philistia I shout in triumph.”[13]

·      Hem of his robe
“… I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty; and the hem of his robe filled the temple. Seraphs were in attendance above him...” [14]

·      Lord will show His back
“Look, I am a potter shaping evil against you and devising a plan against you.” “… I will show them my back, not my face, on the day of their calamity.”[15]

·      Lord will feast with wine.
“For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup with foaming wine, well mixed; he will pour a draught from it ...”[16] “On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples … a feast of well-matured wines … of well-matured wines strained clear.”[17]

Yusuf Ulucan
Translation : H. Neslihan Demiriz



[1] In Genesis it is also written that “Lord God is walking in the garden” (3/8).
[2] Genesis: 11/5
[3] 1 Chronicles: 17 / 3 – 6
[4] 2 Chronicles: 6 / 1
[5] 2 Samuel : 22 / 7 – 9
[6] Psalm : 18 / 15
[7] Job: 37 / 10
[8]Exodus : 24 / 9 – 11
[9]The expression of “Daughter of Zion is used for the city of Jerusalem in Old Testament literature.
[10]In The Book of Ezekiel it is told that Lord came in the form of human, sat next to Ezekiel and spoke to him about the soles of his feet. (43 / 4 – 7)
[11] Lamentations: 2 / 1
[12] In Qur’an there are some expressions like “the colour of Allah” [Baqarah (2): 138], “work of Allah” [Naml (27): 88], “hand of Allah” [Fath (48): 10]. As it can be understood from the interpretations these are “meaningful” expressions. The expressions in The Bible like “the nose of God”, “hem of his robe” and “wash-basin” are quite improper and rude.
[13]Psalm: 108 / 7 – 10
[14]Isaiah: 6 / 1 – 2
[15]Jeremiah: 18/11, 17
[16] Psalm: 75/8
[17] Isaiah: 25/6

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder