14 Mayıs 2012 Pazartesi

examples of immoral sentences in the Bible

ACCORDING TO
THE STANDARDS OF QUR’AN
OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT




EXAMPLES OF IMMORAL SENTENCES


·      From the Book of Song of Solomon [1]
From the 1st Chapter
“Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine … I compare you, my love, to a mare among Pharaoh’s chariots. Your cheeks are comely with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels.… My beloved is to me a bag of myrrh that lies between my breasts …”
From the 2nd Chapter
“As a lily among brambles so is my love among maidens. As an apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among young men… Sustain me with raisins; refresh me with apples; for I am faint with love …”
From the 3rd Chapter
“Upon my bed at night I sought him whom my soul loves…”
From the 4th Chapter
“How beautiful you are, my love, how very beautiful … Your lips are like a crimson thread, and your mouth is lovely. Your cheeks are like halves of a pomegranate behind your veil … Your two breasts are like two fawns… twins of a gazelle … How sweet is your love, my sister, my bride! How much better is your love than wine …”
From the 5th Chapter
“...Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove … if you find my beloved, tell him this: I am faint with love … My beloved is all radiant and ruddy … His lips are lilies … His body is ivory work … His legs are alabaster columns … His speech is most sweet and he is altogether desirable …”
From the 6th Chapter
“Where has your beloved gone, O fairest among women? Which way has your beloved turned, that we may seek him with you? … Your cheeks are like halves of a pomegranate behind your veil. There are sixty queens and eighty concubines, and maidens without number. My dove, my perfect one, is the only one … Return, return, O Shulammite! Return, return, that we may look upon you …”
From the 7th Chapter
“O queenly maiden! Your rounded thighs are like jewels … Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine … Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle … Your nose is like a tower of Lebanon … How fair and pleasant you are, O loved one, delectable maiden! You are stately as a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its branches. O may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your kisses like the best wine that goes down smoothly, gliding over lips and teeth…”
From the 8th Chapter
“O that you were like a brother to me, who nursed at my mother’s breast! If I met you outside, I would kiss you, and no one would despise me … We have a little sister, and she has no breasts. What shall we do for our sister, on the day when she is spoken for? … I was a wall, and my breasts were like towers … O you who dwell in the gardens, my companions are listening for your voice; let me hear it …”
·        Strip off your robe, uncover your legs
 “Come down and sit in the dust, virgin daughter Babylon! … Remove your veil, strip off your robe, uncover your legs, pass through the rivers. Your nakedness shall be uncovered, and your shame shall be seen. I will take vengeance, and I will spare no one.”[2]
·        “You Children of … a Whore[3]
“But as for you, come here, you children of a sorceress, you offspring of an adulterer and a whore. Whom are you mocking? Against whom do you open your mouth wide and stick out your tongue? Are you not children of transgression, the offspring of deceit— you that burn with lust among the oaks, under every green tree; you that slaughter your children in the valleys, under the clefts of the rocks?[4]

Calvin Bible 1855 by Calvin Translation Society
Isa 57:3 And draw near, ye sons of the sorceress; The seed of the adulterer And the whore.
The Bishops' Bible 1568 Matthew Parker editor
Isa 57:3 Come hyther therfore ye charmers children, ye sonnes of the adulterer and the whore.
Webster Version 1833 by Noah Webster
Isa 57:3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the lewd.
Wycliffe Bible1395 by John Wycliffe
Isa 57: 3 But ye, sones of the sekere of fals dyuynyng bi chiteryng of briddys, neiye hidur, the seed of auowtresse, and of an hoore.
The Bible: A New Translation also called Darby Version 1890
Isaiah 57:3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the harlot.
God's Word Today’s Bible Translation 1995 Eugene Bunkowske
Isaiah 57 / 3 But you--come here, you children of witches, you descendants of adulterers and prostitutes!
Holman Christian Standard Bible 2003 Edwin Blum
Isaiah 57 / 3 But come here, you sons of a sorceress, offspring of an adulterer and a prostitute!
Martin Lutherbersetzung
Jesaja : 57 / 3 Und ihr, kommt herzu, ihr Kinder der Tagewählerin, ihr Same des Ehebrechers und der Hure!

·        You have uncovered your bed
“Upon a high and lofty mountain you have set your bed, and there you went up to offer sacrifice. Behind the door and the doorpost you have set up your symbol; for, in deserting me, you have uncovered your bed, you have gone up to it, you have made it wide; and you have made a bargain for yourself with them, you have loved their bed, you have gazed on their nakedness…”[5] 
·        As the bridegroom rejoices over the bride
 “For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your builder marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride[6], so shall your God rejoice over you.”[7]
·        Harlotry won’t be punished [8]
“Therefore your daughters play the whore, and your daughters-in-law commit adultery. I will not punish your daughters when they play the whore, nor your daughters-in-law when they commit adultery.”[9] 
·        Their members were like those of donkeys, and their emission was like that of stallions
“Yet she increased her whorings, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions.” [10]
Yusuf Ulucan
Translation: H. Neslihan Demiriz



[1] Although these are in a prose version in English texts, these are given as a dialogue between a girl and a boy.
[2] Isaiah: 47 / 1 – 3
[3]These addressing and speech are considered as the word of God.
[4]Isaiah: 57 / 3 – 5
[5]Isaiah : 57 / 7 – 8
[6] The believers of the Bible who interprets the bawdy expressions in the Book of Song of Solomon as “the relationship between Jesus and the church”, explains these sentences as “an addressing to the people coming back from exile and whom expecting an assurance from God for His promises”.
[7] Isaiah: 62 /5          
[8] However people who commit adultery were announced to be put to death. (Leviticus:20 /10)
[9] Hosea : 4 /13 – 14
[10] Ezekiel: 23 / 19 – 20

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder