10 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

Sample sentences in the Bible that are contrary to Qur'an

ACCORDING TO
THE STANDARDS OF QUR’AN
OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT
PART: 3


SAMPLE SENTENCES IN THE BIBLE
THAT ARE CONTRARY TO QUR’AN

ABOUT ALLAH
Attributes that cannot be attributed to Allah
  • To be the God of only one nation[1]
“… Now I know that there is no God in all the earth except in Israel...”[2]
“And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done.”[4]
  • To regret, being weary of relenting [5]
“And the Lord was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, ‘I will blot out from the earth the human beings I have created—people together with animals … for I am sorry that I have made them.”[6]    “Who knows? God may relent and change his mind; he may turn from his fierce anger, so that we do not perish. God changed his mind [7] about the calamity that he had said he would bring upon them; and he did not do it.” “You have rejected me, says the Lord, you are going backwards; so I have stretched out my hand against you and destroyed you—I am weary of relenting.” [8]
  • To Remember
“God remembered his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob[9]  … God took notice of them.” [10]
  • To be jealous
“They made me jealous with what is no god, provoked me with their idols. So I will make them jealous ...”[11] “Then the Lord became jealous for his land, and had pity on his people. In response to his people the Lord said: I am sending you grain, wine, and oil...”[12]
“Then the Lord said, ‘Name him Lo-ammi (not my people) for you are not my people and I am not your God.”[13]  
  • To wake up like a drunk
“They are like a dream when one awakes[14]; on awaking you despise their phantoms.”[15]… “Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a warrior shouting because of wine …”[16]
  • To whistle
“I will signal for them and gather them in...”[17]
·        To prevail
“Then the man said, ‘You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with God and with humans, and have prevailed.”[18] 
  • To rob
“Will anyone rob God? Yet you are robbing me! ”[19]
  • To entice… To cheat…[20]
“O Lord, you have enticed me, and I was enticed; you have overpowered me, and you have prevailed. I have become a laughing-stock all day long; everyone mocks me.”[21]‘Ah, Lord God, how utterly you have deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, “It shall be well with you…”[22]



  • Cruelty
“I have become like dust and ashes. I cry to you and you do not answer me; I stand, and you merely look at me. You have turned cruel to me; with the might of your hand you persecute me.[23]
  • Oppressiveness
I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. I will say to God, Do not condemn me; let me know why you contend against me. … Does it seem good to you to oppress, to despise the work of your hands and favour the schemes of the wicked? … You seek out my iniquity and search for my sin Let me alone, that I may find a little comfort[24] …”
  • Make people stray from His ways” – “to look at trouble”
Look down from heaven and see, from your holy and glorious habitation. Where are your zeal and your might? The yearning of your heart and your compassion? They are withheld from me.O Lord, do you make us stray from your ways...?[25]O Lord, how long shall I cry for help, and you will not listen? Or cry to you ‘Violence!’ and you will not save? Why do you make me see wrongdoing and look at trouble?”[26]
  • Foolishness
For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.”[27]
  • Being a husband
For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name.”[28]
Then you shall say to Pharaoh, “Thus says the Lord: Israel is my firstborn son. I said to you, ‘Let my son go that he may worship me’...”[30]… it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”[31]

Yusuf Ulucan

Translation: H. Neslihan Demiriz

[1] This sentence takes place in the speech of Elisha (Elijah), the king of one of the kingdoms founded by Jews in North after the reign of Solomon, while he was bestowing gifts to the Prophets.  It also declares the stable belief of Jews. Paul antagonizes this thought in his epistle to Romans (3/29). According to Qur’an Allah is “the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them.” [for example: Naba (78) : 37]
[2] 2 Kings: 5 / 15
[3]Qur’an, Qaf (50): 38: “And We did certainly create the heavens and earth and what is between them in six days, and there touched Us no weariness.”
[4] Genesis: 2/2 – 3
[5] The term “to regret” is replaced with “to give up” and “to change someone’s mind” in New Translation. However all of these terms cannot be attributed to Allah and cannot be one of his attributes.
[6]Genesis: 6 / 6 – 7
[7] Jonah: 3/9 – 10
[8] Jeremiah: 15/6
[9] “To remember” is the opposite of “to forget”. However, Allah is exalted.
[10] Exodus: 2 / 24 – 25
[11] Deuteronomy: 32 / 21 (abridged)
[12] Joel: 2/18
[13] Hosea: 1/9
[14] Qur’an, Baqarah (2): 255: Neither drowsiness overtakes Him [Allah] or sleep
[15] Psalm: 73 / 20
[16]Psalm: 78 / 65
[17]Zechariah : 10 / 8
[18] Genesis: 32/28, also look: Hosea: 12/3
[19]Malachi : 3 / 8
[20]Qur’an, Yunus (10): 44 “Indeed, Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.
[21] Jeremiah: 20 / 7
[22]Jeremiah: 4 / 10
[23] Job: 30 / 19 – 21
[24] Job: 10 / 1 – 20 (abridged)
[25]Isaiah: 63 / 15 – 17 (abridged)
[26]Habakkuk : 1 / 2 – 3
[27]Corinthians : 1 / 25
[28]Isaiah: 54 / 5
[29] Attributing fatherhood to Allah by the believers of major religions is strictly criticized in Qur’an (Maryam   (19): 88 – 93): “And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son." You have done an atrocious thing. The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation. That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son. And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant.”
[30]Exodus: 4 / 22 – 23
[31] Romans: 8 / 16
P.S. the first sentence is quoted from Old Testament which belongs to Jews and the second one is taken from New Testament which belongs to Christians.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder